- At Flushing Town Hall
- Jazz Live
- World Music Series
- Kids and Families
- Holiday Performance
- Special Events
Korean Culture Camp: DRAGON STORY
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - Friday, August 24, 2012
KOREAN CULTURAL SERVICE NY at historic FLUSHING TOWN HALL
$40 per student (including all activity materials)
Wednesday, AUG. 22 - Friday, AUG. 24, 2012
11AM - 3PM
Let’s meet Korea through fun activities: creative drama, art, and traditional music. The theme of The 3rd Korean Culture Camp for Children is the Year of the Dragon. Students will develop their creativity, study the meaning of the Dragon, and learn about Korea in various ways.
For grades K- 5
• Class I for Grades K-1 (12 people/class)
• Class II for Grades 2-3 (14 people/class; SOLD OUT)
• Class III for Grades 4-5 (14 people/class; SOLD OUT)
- Eunju Na (Coordinator)
• Korean Language Lecturer, New York University
- Chong-Ho Kim (Creative Drama)
• Teaching Artist
• Translator/Editor, “Theatre for Young Audiences” Play Series
- Seongmin Ahn (Art)
• Instructor painting workshop at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Queens Museum
- NYURI, New York University Rhythmic Impulse (Music - Samulnori)
11:00-12:10 - Creative Drama (Class I), Ink Painting (Class II), Samulnori (Class III)
12:10-12:40 *** Lunch ***
12:40-1:40 - Samulnori (Class I), Creative Drama (Class II), Ink Painting (Class III)
1:50-2:50- Ink Painting (Class I), Samulnori (Class II), Creative Drama (Class III)
2:50-3:00 *** Wrap Up ***
* Lunch will not be provided. Please bring your own!
* The program will be conducted in both English and the target language, Korean.
* Please note that we are unable to administer any medication to children.
Fee: $40 per student (including all activity materials)
To register, call (718) 463-7700 x241 or www.flushingtownhall.org
The program is co-presented by Flushing Town Hall and the Korean Cultural Service of New York.
|Download the Registration Form!|